Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Lungs and Respiratory Disorders Forum

Swelling the auxiliary area and chest infection

Must Read
Asthma affects more than 22 million Americans. But what happens during a respiratory asthma attack? Learn the basics about asthma now....
Some people are more likely than other to be diagnosed with asthma. Learn if you are at risk of asthma in this section on risk factors and causes of asthma....
How can you identify the signs and symptoms of asthma or respiratory problems? We list the common asthma symptoms here and discuss asthma problems....
Hello,
Age 42 no previous health issues slightly overweight drinks alcohol regularly

Recently the auxiliary area of both my armpits swelled, however no lymph nodes could be felt by the doctor.(the swelling has now 80% gone)
I then started with a mild cough for two days and this morning upon waking up started bringing up phlegm with slight ting of blood for the fist couple of coughs. This (the coughing of phlegm)only lasted 10-20 minutes and now virtually no coughing or bringing up of phlegm.
This morning I also awoke with a very very dry mouth.
I had a chest x-ray yesterday and the nurse said nothing to alarm me was shown, however the doctor picked up fine crackles in the lower right lung.
I should add that i feel generally fine with only other symptoms being a little run in the nose.

Does anyone think i just have acute bronchitis and don't really need to worry? I don't understand the swelling the auxiliary area and if its linked to my chest/lungs or if it's something separate.
Did you find this post helpful?
|