Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Dental Health Forum

Swelling over rotten tooth

Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....
I went to the dentist found out I have to have 6 teeth pulled. Two are rotten, 1 is starting to. One of the rotten one's is a moller on my bottom right side. My gums on both sides of my mouth and back(where the jaw is) have swollen and covered some of the tooth and are making it difficult to chew. I've tried to push the gum off the tooth but, it hurts more. What should I do? Someone told me to gargle with hydrogen peroxide. I don't know but, I'm afraid to try that.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile rooted
|

User Profile
replied September 26th, 2008
Supporter
Can you gently brush the gums with a toothbrush?
|

replied September 26th, 2008
Tried it's painful but, the swelling got worse. I called the dentist and he perscribed anti biotics
|

User Profile
replied September 29th, 2008
Supporter
Yes, that sounds better than hydrogen peroxide ---- H2O2 can burn your lips, mouth and gums...unless you take it in a HIGHLY DILUTED form. Have you scheduled when you will get the teeth pulled? Do you you plan to increase your dental hygiene --- it seems that something like this can be prevented.
|