Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Kidney Conditions Forum

Swelling around kidneys

Must Read
The kidneys filter blood and regulate body flood. What happens during kidney failure? And what types of kidney failure do doctors diagnose?...
There are three main condition which cause renal (kidney) failure. Learn what causes kidney failure and what factors increase your risk of kidney problems....
What are the signs of acute or chronic kidney failure? Which ones are more serious than others? And when should you ask a doctor or go to the ER for help?...
I had a cat scan done this week .. my gasto had me do it because I had been burping for months and just didnt feel well.. He called me tonight and said he wants me to go on cipro and call his office on MOnday.. he wants me to see a kidney doctor.. the cat scan showed swelling around my kidneys .. is this something that could be bad.. my great grandfather died from nephritis... so I am concerned...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 6th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Hi and Welcome

Without knowing what is causing your kidneys to swell it's hard to tell what is going on. Your gastro doctor sounds very caring. Did he/she do a urine test or blood test? Is it both kidneys?
Do you have burning when you urinate, dark urine, foul smell in urine?
Did your grandfather have a history of kidney disease?

Sorry for all the questions,I hope you don't mind. I have had kidney problems for close to 30 years now. If I can help let me know, you can post here or pm if you'd like.

You're not alone,we are here for you.
|
Users who thank ^Serenity^ for this post: CHTTYPTTY02 

replied December 7th, 2008
SWELLING AROUND KIDNEYS
WELL MY GASTRO WAS SEEING ME FOR SOMETHING ELSE AND HAD A CAT SCAN DONE .. HE CALLED AND SAID THERE WAS SWELLING AROUND MY KIDNEYS.. I HAVE HAD PROBLEMS .. BLADDER PROBLEMS EVER SINCE A BLADDER REPAIR ABOUT 4 YRS AGO.. SINCE THAN I HAVE BEEN ON CIPRO OR MACRO BID ALMOST ON A REG BASIS AND THE URO I WAS SEEING SAID ALL MY LABS SHOWED SOME LIPODS AND PROTEINS IN MY URINE TESTS BUT NO INFECTIONS.. IF FACT I JUST SAW THE URO ON MONDAY OF LAST WK AND TOLD HIM I WAS GETTING A CT SCAN DONE AND HE SAID WELL THAT WONT SHOW ANYTHING .. AND HERE THIS TURNS UP .. AS FAR AS MY GRANDFATHER .. HE DIED BEFORE I WAS BORN .. BUT IN OUR FAMILY HISTORY IT SAID HE DIED AT 53 OF NEPHRITIS, PARENCHYMATOUS... AND HE DIED AFTER A FEW WKS OF BEING ILL.. I WAS SEEING MY GASTRO FOR CONSTANT BURPING .. HE THINKS THATS ANXIETY .. BUT I HAVE BEEN HAVING BURNING AT TIMES WHEN I PAST URING .. CIPRO USUALLY HELPS AT FIRST BUT IT ALWAYS COMES BACK .. AGAIN AN AGAIN.. MY URO HAS NO ANSWERS.. HE SAID I HAVE IC OR PAINFUL BLADDER SYNDROME .. BOY DO I HAVE A SURPRISE FOR HIM .. MY MOM ALWAYS TOLD ME TO BE CAREFUL OF MY KIDNEYS.. HER MOM DIED VERY QUICKLY .. I WAS 13 AND DIDNT KNOW SHE WAS SICK .. SHE DIED FROM HAVING URINE GET INTO HER BLOOD STREAM... SO I AM NERVOUS .. I AM GOING TO CALL MY GASTRO TOMORROW ABOUT A RECOMMENDATION OF A KIDNEY DR.. THANKS FOR ANSWERING TO MY QUESTION .. I DO APPRECIATE IT ...
|

replied December 7th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Let the kidney doctor know all this. Let me know what the doctor says. IC is painful if that's what you have. Make sure your doctor does a thorough exam ask a lot of questions.
I am not feeling to good tonight, I'll check in tomorrow.
|

replied December 8th, 2008
thank you
I am so sorry you are not feeling well... what has been your problem with your kidneys.. if you dont mind my asking .. if you rather not say .. thats fine too.. take care of yourself.. hugs
|

replied December 8th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Re: thank you
CHTTYPTTY02 wrote:
I am so sorry you are not feeling well... what has been your problem with your kidneys.. if you dont mind my asking .. if you rather not say .. thats fine too.. take care of yourself.. hugs

Hi

I'm going through a lot of different things emotionally and physically. I have FSGS and GN with my kidneys.. doctor

Keep in touch... Wink
|
Quick Reply