Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Dental Health Forum

Swelling and pain after filling

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I just got a cavity in my wisdom tooth filled yesterday. Once the novocaine wore off I noticed that my face was swollen from my temple down to my neck. I also noticed that my ears felt like they were plugged, similar to having a cold or sinus infection. Today some of the swelling is down and some of the pain is better, but not completely and my ears are still plugged, but I can hear fine. It's only when I talk that I notice it. My jaw is also making a popping noise every time I chew.
Has anyone ever had this happen or heard of this happening? Is it a side effect from the novocaine or because the tooth was so far back?
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|