Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gland Disorders Forum

swelling above my collar bone with small hard centre

Must Read
What does it mean to have low levels of thyroid hormone in the body? We outline how doctors define hypothyroidism here....
What medical conditions cause hypothyroidism? And what puts you at risk of developing these conditions? More hypothyroid basics here....
When are symptoms of hypothyroidism serious? When should you seek medical help. Click here to learn when doctors recommend you come in for a visit....
Hi all,
I have a swelling the size of a tennis ball just above my collar bone on the left side, it is soft and has not got any bigger over the years, but it has a hard bean shaped lump in the middle of it about 1.5cm ? a lymph node. I just thought it was a lipoma as I have another small one on my temple. It has been there about 3 years but the hard lump inside it has grown in size over the last 12 months. It is not sore and does not bother me in any way. I am a healthy 53 year old female and have no other symptoms. I have read lots on the internet about swollen lymph nodes in the supraclavical area and they are 90% of the time cancerous, but I am not convinced mine is a lymph node. I saw a GP today who has ordered an ultrasound next week, he also said it is unusal to have the surrounding swelling if it was a lymph node, but offered no other explanation. Any ideas?
Did you find this post helpful?
|