Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Sweet smelling vaginal discharge?

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
It started right before my period. I had cloudy, strong smelling urine along with a little burning when I peed. I figured I had a UTI, right? Since I don't have insurance, I did the best I could with cranberry juice and a lot of water, and while the burning eased, I still had some cloudy urine.
Then, once my period was over, I started having some discharge with a fishy smell... classic symptom of BV, which I get periodically. So, I started to treat it with VH Esstentials insterts. The fishy smell started going away after day two, but when I woke up after doing the inserts, I had lots of discharge on my panty-liner (which is normal), but there was a slightly yellowish tinge to it (not sure whether or not that's normal). And while the fishy smell had gone mostly, it was still pretty strong when I urinated, and the burning was still there occasionally. The fishy smell when I wasn't using the restroom was then replaced with a VERY strong sweet smell (so strong I could smell it when I was just sitting around), with a little bit of watery discharge.
Now the sweet smell is still present, the fishy smell is almost gone when I pee, and I am still having discomfort when I pee as well. I have also begun to have a clumpy discharge instead of watery.

I'm thinking that I got a UTI and I also had BV because of my period, and then for whatever reason maybe now I'm getting a yeast infection. Does a yeast infection have a sweet smell... I suppose it could be likened to white bread? I'm very confused and concerned... I don't have insurance until December and I cannot afford to see a doctor at this point, although if I can't get this under control, of course I will. Any advice or ideas of what may be going on?

Before you ask, yes, I am sexually active. I have sex with just one person, am on the birth control pill, and we do not use condoms. I know that him ejaculating inside of me is a good way to get BV, so that may be the culprit as well (although we haven't done that in a couple weeks, actually).

Thank you!
Did you find this post helpful?
|