Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Chest Pain Forum

sweaty, nauseous, dizzy, had chest pain/tightness

Must Read
What is pneumonia? Learn basic facts about pneumonia here, plus how doctors define the different types of pneumonia that people can get....
Some people are more at risk of getting pneumonia than others. Are you one of them? Learn more about how you get pneumonia and who is at risk here....
Chest pain is typical during cases of pneumonia. But what other signs and symptoms should you look for? Know when to seek medical help by starting here....
User Profile
19 year old female and overweight. Iron deficient anemia. For the last 3 months been feeling very fatigued and iron was really low so family doctor thought it could be heavy periods causing it so has me doing 3 packs of birth control back to back to see if it helps with iron. I'm on my 3rd pack and I feel extremely fatigued so much I can't get through a normal day without a long nap. This morning while cutting veggies at work I suddenly became sweaty, nauseous, dizzy, had chest pain/tightness, pain in left shoulder and arm, and general weakness. All symptoms lasted about 2 hours but the nausea lasted longer. Then again about 10 hours later I suddenly have the same symptoms. Should I be extremely worried? Am I having a heart attack? If not what else could it be?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 28th, 2015
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

You are very young and unless you have predisposing medical conditions (congenital or familial genetic disorders) it is unlikely that you will have coronary artery disease.

Having a left sided chest pain, that is radiating to the left arm is almost always considered to be due to cardiac issues. Hence proper evaluation is necessary.

But a few factors that can increase the risk of having cardiac chest pain include: smoking, stress, obesity, hypertension, diabetes, increased cholesterol, etc.

It is necessary to do a few tests which include the following:-

1. Troponin -T and CPK-MB
2. ECG in all leads with a rhythm strip in lead 2

In case the above tests indicate any abnormality, further tests need to be done which include:-

1. Echocardiography
2. Tread mill test
3. Thallium scan (Myocardial perfusion scintigraphy)

These tests will help to rule out any cardiogenic causes.

Some measures like quitting smoking, regular exercise, healthy diet and weight loss might help to prevent any heart related diseases and also help increase survival.

In case your pain is of burning nature and increases after lunch or dinner, it could be due to gastritis. In such a case take

1. Use some gelusil or Mucaine gel syrup - 3 tsp , everytime after meals
2. Take Omeprazole cap 20 mg twice daily for 2 weeks , 30 minutes before meals.

You may consult your doctor for a examination and proper treatment.

I hope this helps.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Chest Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.