Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

sweats and felt like throwing up, mucus in my stool?

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
User Profile
Thought I had a sore back about 5-6 months ago, then I had a pinch in my side.(kidney?) It made me feel nautious, and had to lie down for a few minutes. Got the sweats and felt like throwing up, guess it wasn\\\\\\\'t my back. Since then, months later, I noticed that I have mucus in my stool that is normally clear, and very thick. It is kind of like when a chest cold is going away, and you cough out that thick mucus from your chest, almost like a rubber band. Once or twice the mucus was whitesh is cloor, but mostly it is clear or mixed in with the stool. Flush with a hot water bag, and back in a week.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 17th, 2011
Digestive and Bowel Disorders Answer A28628
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

The description of your symptoms appear to be due to various causes including - indigestion, intestinal infections, malabsorption syndromes, Irritable bowel syndrome, etc.

The best way to proceed further is to consult a doctor for conducting a stool examination, which will give an idea to know the cause of your stool changes and the proper treatment.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Digestive and Bowel Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.