Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Swallowing semen harmful ?

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
User Profile
Hi i am bisexual but.. since im soo young i just dont know if swollowing semen is bad for my body.. is it??? Question Question Question Question
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 18th, 2009
Supporter
Semen is mostly protein. There are no ill effects from swallowing.
|
Users who thank deteragram for this post: keochoa 

User Profile
replied June 27th, 2009
Experienced User
not if you swallow your own, but if you swallow another guys you may get HIV and Hepatitis C among other. Be careful...
|

User Profile
replied June 27th, 2009
Supporter
Thanks elgrande. Sometimes I forget how young the posters are and neglect to state the obvious. You can catch all kinds of STDs through oral sex.
|

User Profile
replied June 30th, 2009
thank you for sharing that with me.. i did not neglect the obious i just wanted to know if its bad in other forms not just std's.. i know about those......
|

User Profile
replied July 4th, 2009
Experienced User
you can also get forms of fungus, No STD and some bacterias like E. Coli. in other words don't do it.
|

User Profile
replied July 4th, 2009
oh yuck thanks for letting me know! thats seems gross
|

User Profile
replied July 5th, 2009
Experienced User
also Molluscus Contagious I dont know if I spelled right is like a wart, sometime grows in wet areas like the rectal area and or vagina and also mouth is very hard to remove, and I think produce cancer I am not sure, you are better staying away from that activity, you dont need that you are too young to get these sickness.
|

replied July 5th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
It's propably worth noting that there are men that go through their entire life having responsible sex with their partners that includes regular oral sex that suffer no health complications. I'm not aware of any disease you can get by swallowing semen that you can't get from oral sex without ingesting the semen.
If you have a regular partner, take the same precautions you would swallowing their semen as you would any activity involving their bodilly fluids, such as kissing, oral sex or anal sex. Be aware of their health, abstain if they have any bacterial infections or parasites.
|

User Profile
replied July 12th, 2009
Experienced User
Forget about responsible sex, a penis has nothing to do with your mouth. Recently they found a bacteria SB bacteria in semen. This bacteria promote cancer. So you have nothing to do putting another guy penis in your mouth forget about that. Just don't do it. Life is too short as it is. for you to get a sickness and die before time...get a girlfriend.
|

replied July 12th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Red Meat also contains variations of the SB Bacteria, which is why it promotes cancer. If you've survived eating a hamburger you're probably going to survive swallowing semen. 1 in 4 men have the HPV virus, which is a cause of cervical cancer. Are you also advocating that men not have sex with women outside of procreation? There are millions of gay men in the world, they live in every city around the world, if they were dropping dead from cancer you'd notice. More of them die from depression from having to deal with a world that treats them this way than die from any sexual complication. Semen is a bodily fluid. It contains things bodily fluids have in them. Be aware of the health of your partner and the risks you take ingesting any of their fluids.
|

User Profile
replied July 12th, 2009
Experienced User
So if you are going to be at risk why you should do it? that doesnt make any sence. The person asking this question is a minor, and you should be more responsible answering these type of questions to a child, sir.
Also you lied when your stated "I am not aware of any disease..." because obviously you were... have a nice night Sir
|

replied July 12th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Keochoa your age should have no bearing on the advice you get. There isn't a point in your life where it's aceptable to be given bad advice. A dangerous bacterial infection from recently ejaculated semen isn't a risk. The bacteria are common but not often dangerous to a healthy immune system and rarely more dangerous than the flu if you sustain infection. The chances of it aren't high enough when weighed against the cost to make it a part of your decision making process. In most cases you will be exposed to these bacteria commonly in your normal life. I'm not sure what El Grande was referring to but I am still unaware of any disease you can get from drinking semen that you cannot contract from unprotected oral sex with a man. If he has more experience with oral sex with men I'd certainly appreciate more detailed information. The only significant risk of drinking semen is a venerial disease and it is a huge risk that grows if you injest infected bodily fluids. Definately be responsible and aware of your partner's medical history if you're going to engage in this with them.
|

replied July 12th, 2009
I agree with Elgrande but I'd say the best thing for Keochoa to do is to consult his own professional Doctor. And wolf, when elgande said that you must be responsible with the advice you give to a child, he was right. Children for example are given sex education in schools as a precaution against early pregnancies, STD's and possible but unlikely physicaly and emotional damage that can happen to young girls when they have sex too young. The last thing Elgrande wants to do is tell this individual that he should carry on the said activities that could possibly be harmful. Even if they arent, we dont go around telling minors to engage in sexual intercourse so we wont say that same here. And whilst I am niether homophobic or for homosexuals, I really dont think it responsible for a hetrosexual man to give a minor advice on homosexual activites which for the most part can be damaging to ones rectum and on the topic of semun, contain harmful bacteria. Its just hypocritical. If however, you Wolf are homosexual then yes, your advice is King for the most part.

I hope I havent caused any offense.
|

replied July 14th, 2009
Okay, apart from STD's or infections, there is nothing wrong with semen or vaginal fluids... Any bacteria would be on the penis/vulva itself, no in the semen (if the individual is healthy) and that can be washed away with gentle baby soap/of Ph balanced cleanser and warm water. That's the REAL no moralistic answer, I feel you should know what it's all protein,glucose,sperm and contains about 5 calories/tsp

However, word of advice, as I bisexual myself, you should always use protection, no matter what kind of intercourse you are engaging in (anal, vaginal, anal). There is nothing wrong with experimenting but,please be responsible. Even in a commited relationship you should always, you and your partner monitor your sexual health at a minimum every 6 months.

Enjoy!
|

replied May 26th, 2011
Elgrande is not responsable he is just moralistic. Where is the evidence? Be happy and know what you are doing.
Swallow sperm-semen is not exposing you to any more danger than any food. Where the evidence it will harm your body-mind beside preaching?
|
Quick Reply