Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

swallowed glass?

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I may have accidentally swallowed a small amount of glass- like a tiny particle. Should I worry, ow what should I do?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile zigemyster
|

User Profile
replied January 14th, 2009
Community Volunteer
If it was a tiny particle you should be OK.

One Christmas my young daughter ate glass tree lights...of course I panicked and her pediatrician said that she would be OK and to check her diaper for blue glass. She turned out just fine.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied January 24th, 2009
swallowed glass
I myself was served a piece of glass in my eggs at a restraunt that looked like an onion. The first bite I took the shard ripped through my mouth and went to a doctor he assured me I'll be fine and I went to my hotel. By the 3rd day after i had swallowed the glass shard I was in the hospital with a fever, throwing up, and diagnosed with appendicitis.

Be careful eating out.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply