Medical Questions > Mens Health > Erectile Dysfunction Forum

Surgery to increase penis size ?

Must Read
The penis begins to lengthen during puberty. But just how long and wide will a penis become? When does the penis stop growing? And what is a "normal" penis s...
A penis grows in stages. Read more about when a penis starts and stops growing. And get the facts about penis enlargement. ...
Are you making a crucial mistake when you are measuring your penis? Read on to be sure that your penis measurement technique is correct. ...
User Profile
I have a small penis 6 inches when erected i would love to be at least 10 inches long if surgery is the only answer,to a willing doctor to try this i can be their guinea pig for there training as i am at my last straw of answers

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 19th, 2009
Erectile Dysfunction Answer A6375

Elongation of the penis is not recommended in men who have completely functional penis.
Elongation might be achieved by releasing the fundiform ligament and the suspensory ligament that attaches the two erectile bodies to the pubic bone (ligamentolysis). After the operation, the penis is stretched in order to prevent the severed suspensory ligament from healing shorter than it was previously. This elongation is only visual and does not affect penile structures. Skin redistribution in patients with deformities of the penile skin and liposuction in obese patients are other ways of visually elongating the penis.
Real lengthening of the penis includes lengthening of the corporeal bodies, but has a risk of losing the ability to have erection.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Erectile Dysfunction , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.