Medical Questions > Cancer > Skin Cancer Forum

Sunburn scarring ?

Must Read
What is melanoma? This section give you a quick intro to this particular type of skin cancer, including the entire range of types of melanomas....
Doctors are pretty certain that ultraviolet radiation plays a role in the development of melanoma. Which other activities put you at risk of melanoma?...
What does melanoma look like? Learn to identify early signs and symptoms of melanoma with this full description of symptoms of melanoma here....
Hello. I got a terrible, terrible sunburn on my face. I've been using Retin-A, which made me super hyper-sensitive to the sun. I put on an SPF 55, but forgot to reapply after swimming (stupid, I know) and fell asleep. The burn has blistered, and now looks like a giant scab across my forehead. I've been using Aloe Vera throughtout the last 4 days (since I was burnt). But it hasn't peeled yet, and I'm afraid it will scar.
How long will it be until it heals? Should I keep putting Aloe on it? And will it scar?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 19th, 2009
It can be very difficult to predict how severe sunburns will heal, particularly since the depth of such burns can vary considerably, and different skin types heal in different ways.

You will probably notice an area of decreased pigmentation once the damaged superficial layers of the skin slough off. Over time, the pigmentation usually begins to slowly return. It may take as long as a year, however, for healing to be complete, and for the final result to be apparent.

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS
A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|

User Profile
replied July 30th, 2009
How to Treat Sunburn?
There are virtually lot of ways to cure/treat sunburns. Aloe Vera is one of the ways to treat the pain of sunburn. You can purchase aloe Vera containing creams or lotions from local drugstores or pharmacy. Alternatively you can use the aloe Vera plant and apply the juice from the plant onto the skin by breaking of the leaves. Also read this fantastic ebook for complete ways to cure sunburn!
|

replied July 11th, 2011
sunburn
hello. i got sunburn on my nose and peeled off, sudenlly, after a couple of days my sunburn on my nose was getting black after it peeled off. and its like burn. but its color black.And it bleeds, i just put betadine and nothings happen.Sad i search from the google, what is the medicine for scars? and then i saw there that you have to use ice cube and rub it on the scar. i trying it everynight.but it seems theres no change.soo. can you help me to find a medicine for this sunburn that became a scar. thank you
|

replied June 27th, 2012
Re: sunburn
ricagonzales wrote:
hello. i got sunburn on my nose and peeled off, sudenlly, after a couple of days my sunburn on my nose was getting black after it peeled off. and its like burn. but its color black.And it bleeds, i just put betadine and nothings happen.Sad i search from the google, what is the medicine for scars? and then i saw there that you have to use ice cube and rub it on the scar. i trying it everynight.but it seems theres no change.soo. can you help me to find a medicine for this sunburn that became a scar. thank you

Oh dear .. don't worry ...try searching for products that contain those ingredients that fade scars.Generally , it requires certain vitamins and minerals to look for while searching a product or treatment for scars.Go for products that contain Dual Vitamin C Complex, Dimethicone Silicone Gel and ProBiosyn-4 Scar Treatment Complex (aloe vera, linoleic acid, oleic acid, licorice extract)... I myself had scars so i'm very well aware of all this since i've done tremendous researches via surfing and consulting doctors.
|

replied March 27th, 2014
Sunburn
i had a sunburn on my chest and it started to peel, i kind of picked at it a little and now my skin is all patchy with dark and pink skin, and there's dry skin that's flaking. Is this a permanent scar or can i make it go away some how.
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.