Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Suicide thoughts

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
User Profile
I have been suffering from depression for some time now and I constantly think about suicide. I take medication and have psychoterapy but I guess it's not working. I am afraid the time for me to commit suicide is getting nearer.
I have been to the doctor again and she gave me a stronger treatment which includes: Diazepam, Valdoxan, Zolpidem, Invega, Venlafaxina. These make me sleep all day...But the doctors did mention hospitalization. I am constantly thinking about suicide and looking for ways to do it - I have tried suicide twice, with pills, but didn't work. Just made me go to the hospital and make all the people who love me suffer. I do have psychoterapy, but it seems isn't working as well. I am now thinking of other alternatives such as meditation. But I am still very confused...Please help.

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

User Profile
replied December 9th, 2010
Depression Answer A17665
Hi,

Welcome to the forum. I am really glad to help you out. You seem to be suffering from severe depression and as you have mentioned that even the drugs are not working, I'll suggest consulting a psychiatrist and going in for the ECT (electroconvulsive therapy).

This should help in improving the symptoms which you're going through. Moreover, this is the recommended therapy in such a scenario. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Depression , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.