Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Mononucleosis Forum

Suggested treatment for mono rash

Must Read
Is mononucleosis bacterial or viral? Does everyone get mono at some time? How does mono spread? Basic facts and definitions about "the kissing disease". ...
Do you know what causes mono? Although children are more at risk than adults,what can you do to avoid getting sick from mono? Review risk factors here....
The symptoms of mono may not manifest for everyone who contracts the Epstein-Barr virus. But when are symptoms serious? And when should you seek medical help?...
User Profile
th best treatment or relief for mono rash

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 2nd, 2010
Mononucleosis Answer A14847
Hi and welcome to the forum! I am glad that I can help you.

You want to know the best treatment for mono rash.

Mononucleosis (mono) is a viral infection caused by the Epstain-Barr virus. Due to the sudden and reversible weakening of the immune system, individuals experience additional bacterial infections, mostly bacterial throat infections, caused by Strepticoccus spec. This bacteria can produce a toxin that causes the rash.

According to the data that you described, you are experiencing a mono rash. You may consider taking antibiotics or change the current antibiotic, because the rash can appear in patients who experience mono and are treated with a combination of amoxicillin and clavulonic acid. Avoid itching the skin and apply liquid medical powder to avoid any additional skin infections.

Please keep in mind that I provide medical information only. I am not able to diagnose medical conditions online. Please contact your doctor for further advice and information about diagnosis and treatment options.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Mononucleosis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.