Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Allergies Forum

suddenly my face got bright red and really hot?

Must Read
What causes allergies? We review risk factors and common allergens in this intro to allergies section....
What causes an allergy? Who is more likely to develop allergies? More here....
Which allergy symptoms are serious signs of allergic reaction and which are merely bothersome? Common types of allergy symptoms and allergic reactions here....
User Profile
Yesterday afternoon I was sitting at my desk at work and all of a sudden my face got bright red and really hot. I had no fever and my blood pressure was okay. It's still like that a day later, any ideas?
I ate a foil packaged tuna salad for lunch that I never had before.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 9th, 2011
Anxiety and Stress Answer A20640
Hello.

Allergy to the Tuna could cause such a reaction. However, you can visit your GP and get it evaluated. Anxiety may cause flushing of the face, but it usually subsides after a few minutes. Your symptoms appear to be due to the allergic reaction.

Hope this helps. Take care.

Abhijeet Deshmukh, MD

(This post is for the purpose of providing medical information and is not a substitute for a face-to-face consultation with a doctor. This post is not intended to give or rule out a diagnosis, create a doctor-patient relationship or replace an existing one. I am not able to diagnose medical conditions online. Please consult with your doctor or a qualified healthcare provider for diagnosis and treatment options)

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Allergies , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.