Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Forum

suddenly I can't sleep at night, noise put me into a rage...

Must Read
What is chronic fatigue syndrome? We outline the medical definition and different types of CFS in this intro section....
What causes chronic fatigue? And who does it affect? We outline the main factors doctors think contribute to CFS in this section....
Symptoms of chronic fatigue are also common to other disorders. Learn to identify CFS symptoms and when to seek medical help here....
I've been too scared to ask the doctors wether it could be CFS,because I'm scared they will just laugh at me. About 18 months ago I complained about being tired and drained but more than a normal mum would feel. They did blood tests for diabetes anemia and thyroid all came back fine so I left it. I have noticed it comes in waves. Ill start to feel confident. My sleep pattern fine then suddenly I can't sleep at night any noise put me into a rage I can't get comfertable. Then I will go into a not so nice heavy sleep and I will not feel refreshed or better. I will then need to nap or just pass out because I can't control it. I get mentally drained and emotional. Depressed even. My muscles ache I'm also sore. I get headahces constant dry eyes. When sleeping or woken early I get body shakes. Dizzy overwhelming feeling. I get panicy when my partner leaves for work and I'm left with the kids. I binge eat and have no energy to cook nice meals. If I have to concentrate it overwelms me and I struggle. Then after a week or two it will go away and I'm back to a chirpy ambitious person making plans throughout the week and keeping myself busy. I feel bad writing this because I know there are some people who are permamently bedded down and I'm thinking I have this condition. But I am no way near as bad as soon people but everytime I look for answers I'm alwasy lead to this condition over and over again. I also find when I get like this I become poorly. Tummy bugs colds flu mouth sores/ulcers throat infections. I'm also asthmatic. Could it be CFS or something else?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 12th, 2012
The best way to see if it's ME/CFS is to keep track of how you react to exertion. If it seems like you come down with a bad flu (pain, full body exhaustion) a day or so after being too active, then it probably is ME/CFS.
|

replied August 31st, 2012
is it CFS? Get checked!!!
get your thyroid checked again. doctors tend to prescribe to blood tests and not symptoms so you could be hypothyroid. Also some support for your adrenals would probably help - that panicky light headed feeling could be adrenal fatigue. Don't let your doctor away with telling you that you are fine - you obviously have something wrong because that is not normal. Get checked again. Only when all other possibilities have been eliminated will you get a diagnosis of CFS...
|