Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Muscular and Nerve Disorders Forum

Sudden onset of pain in back of both arms

Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....
I will randomly have a deep burning pain in the back of my arms and neck. I believe Deltoid and Triceps they are called. The pain also radiates up my neck muscles ( Trapezius?).

It feels after you have been lifting weights and pushed yourself until you can't lift anymore. And the muscles have reached their limits. (no, I'm not lifting weights or any other work out at the time, it just feels like that). I'll be sitting still, reading a book, watching tv, walking, or typing, etc. nothing strenuous at all.

I can't tie it to a specific thing like big meals, particular movements, twisting, running, or anything. No chest pain, just the pain in the arms and necks. It spreads from the shoulders up the neck and down the arms.

It passes after a few minutes. The arms also feel a little like I slept funny and they are asleep, but now real weakness or paralysis. I can squeeze, hold, lift, and move them. They just hurt all of a sudden.

Answers? questions? everyone else still guessing like everyone else I have asked.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 25th, 2010
Experienced User
Sounds like inflammation/Nerve pain from the neck area. It can radiate into the arms, hands and etc...muscle spasams can cause the entire general area to tense up and cause pain and tightness..Im going through this now. The cheapest way to determine if it could be a pinched nerve would be a trip to the chiropractor. I would go 2x -3x's a week for a few weeks and get a neck and back adjustment. In the mean time, put some ice packs on these areas to calm it down..If you start feeling better after a week, then its a pinched nerve, if not, see a Orthopedic Dr. and he will have you do an mri..could always be a ruptured disc or degenerative disc disease..Don't be quick to jump into surgery too soon..Try conservative methods first. Hope this helps!
|
Did you find this post helpful?