Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Cold, Flu and Viral Infections Forum

sudden onset of chills and couldn't stop shivering.?

Must Read
Learn the basics about sexual health issues, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a sexual health disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for sexual health disorders....
User Profile
Last night I had a sudden onset of chills and couldn't start shivering. My skin was incredibly sensitive and hurt to the touch. I couldn't get warm and my shivering was intense for hours. I had no stomach issues, but did vomit (dry heaves only) 4 times last night, which I assume was from the intense shivers and fever. I slept on and off for 16 hours, or at least tried to and then felt almost completely better. I just feel weak and tired. I see that there are a lot of other similar posts, but I don't see any "replies" or suggested help. I'm out of the country, away from medical support.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 21st, 2011
Cold, Flu and Viral Infections Answer A25253
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum

Fever and chills along with vomitting is suggestive of an infection which can be viral or bacterial in nature and can be malarial infection or typhoid.Some suggestions for you:
1)Take Acetaminophen(Tylenol) for relief from pain and fever.
2)Have light food items and avoid fatty processed food.
3)Drink lots of water.
4)Take adequate rest.
You might require Blood tests to rule out the exact cause.If the symptoms worsen consider visiting a Physician for evaluation.

Take Care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cold, Flu and Viral Infections , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.