Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Neurological Disorders Forum

sudden loss of mobility

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
My mother had a loos of mobility in both legs. The problem just started, and comes and goes. This just started a last week. She is 85, but active, and has not had any mobility problems.
they gave her a CT scan, and didn't find anything. She was given blood tests, all showed up negative.
She recently finished 5 weeks of IV Antibiotics for methacillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, located in the bone in her toe, which was then removed. She is type 2 Diabetic, takes medication for that, and Zoloft for depression.
Any ideas? should she see a neurologist? Could this have something to do with the MRSA, or treatment?
Thanks for any help you can give us.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Jon_sparky
|

replied February 8th, 2010
mobility loss in legs
If you receive an answer to your problem please let me know. My dad has a similar condtion with on causes found.
|

replied January 31st, 2014
Re: sudden loss of mobility
Jon_sparky wrote:
My mother had a loos of mobility in both legs. The problem just started, and comes and goes. This just started a last week. She is 85, but active, and has not had any mobility problems.
they gave her a CT scan, and didn't find anything. She was given blood tests, all showed up negative.
She recently finished 5 weeks of IV Antibiotics for methacillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, located in the bone in her toe, which was then removed. She is type 2 Diabetic, takes medication for that, and Zoloft for depression.
Any ideas? should she see a neurologist? Could this have something to do with the MRSA, or treatment?
Thanks for any help you can give us.

Hi I think you should take her to a Physical Therapist. Physical Therapists are the professionals who diagnose and treat individuals of all ages.
|