Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

sudden itchy skin

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
Hi Folks - im 34yrs old male and since this morning my skin has itched all over my body, all random areas. I will scratch this area then a blotch of red bumps will appear.

Once the bumps appear it will itch less, then bumps will go away about 20 minutes later.

Then another spot on body will start to itch

wash/rinse repeat

I have never itch skin problem before

any help?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 25th, 2010
I have the exact same problem....did you ever figure out what was causing the itchiness/bumps?
|

replied June 6th, 2011
Sudden itchness in random places
I have the same exact problem. I have never had this problem before, but all of a sudden a part of my body will start to itch. I will scratch it most times repeatedly & then another part of my body will itch. weltz will appear & shortly thereafter the itching will stop & the weltz go away but this happens frequently throughout the day & in random places over my body, mostly my back, arms, neck, boobs, buttocks, & legs. My feet itch a lot lately too. My husband swears I do not have athletes feet, & I used the sprays but they still itch too. But that would not explain the rest of my body itching. Any help would be appreciated.
|

replied June 6th, 2011
Sudden itchness in random places
I have the same exact problem. I have never had this problem before, but all of a sudden a part of my body will start to itch. I will scratch it most times repeatedly & then another part of my body will itch. weltz will appear & shortly thereafter the itching will stop & the weltz go away but this happens frequently throughout the day & in random places over my body, mostly my back, arms, neck, boobs, buttocks, & legs. My feet itch a lot lately too. My husband swears I do not have athletes feet, & I used the sprays but they still itch too. But that would not explain the rest of my body itching. Any help would be appreciated.
|

replied June 17th, 2011
I too have this itch without rash problem.

The best relief i get is from an Anti-Histamine tablet I got from a Pharmacist. It is called PHENERGAN. I'm not sure if this name can be published and I'm sorry I don't know the Chemical names involved.
I still would like to know the cause.
Hope this helps

Nealus
|
Quick Reply