Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Sudden extreme menstrual cramping

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I'm somewhat worried, but don't want to be paranoid. The back story: I'm 25 years old, physically active, had an annual physical in January or February that was fine. I haven't been sexually active in about a year and a half. Never had an STD; had an abortion about 2 1/2 years ago. I've had pretty normal periods since I was 11, they last about 4 or 5 days usually with some mild to moderate cramping. The last 2 months I have had severe (as in disabling) cramping about a day before my period, which has been a little heavier than usual, but not much. I've never experienced pain like this before. And after 14 years of normal periods and little change in my lifestyle in the past year, I am perplexed and worried.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 16th, 2009
Supporter
When is the last time you went to the gynecologist? You could have endometriosis or any number of things. I think you should get a pap smear and exam.
|
Did you find this post helpful?