Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acid Reflux Forum

sudden acid reflux ?

Must Read
Flu basics - what is the flu? Get started here to learn how to protect yourself....
Who is at risk of developing flu related complications? Can people die from the flu? More on risk factors here....
We answer your questions on flu symptoms here. How are cold and flu symptoms different? When should you seek medical help for flu? Plus more....
All my life I have had a cast iron stomach but a few days ago I started getting a pain deep in my center of my ribcage. Like right where the 2 sides join, it goes through to my back and it all feels burny and achy, especially when I sit down. I keep wanting to arch my back to breathe. I has been going on non-stop for a week now. I think taking aspirin started it, I had a sinus headache. Lately aspirin seems to bother my stomache more and more. Biut I have not taken any aspirin for several days now but it just won't stop hurting.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 16th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
How often do you take aspirin?
What are the usual daily doses you take?
Are you experiencing fullness in stomach?
Do you often feel nauseous after meal?

The higher the dose of aspirin, the greater chance of heartburn and GI complications.
|

replied June 16th, 2008
Acid reflux
I try not to take it too often anymore but when I get a sinus headache, only benedryl will get rid of it, and only after a few days of benedryl and aspirin. But the aspirin seems to really jack with my stomache. This time it lasted about 7 days and I was sick to my stomache and yes I felt full and my stomache seemed to be swollen. I took prilosec at one point because it was getting worse and worse. I had never used them before. It is finally beginning to get a bit better, but I'm kind of clueless to stomache issues. As I said, I've always had an iron stomache and it took me awhile just to find the antacid department in my pharmacy...it was awful and I still feel worn out from it. I was beginning to think something was seriously wrong. I nearly went to the emergency room, but I did not want to seem like a woos, but it was getting scary...for me anyway. I've only had heartburn twice in my life and I was pregnant both times I don't know how people live with that daily. It's still not gone completely, but it seems to be a bit better since late last night.
|

User Profile
replied June 17th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
When is found in stomach acid, aspirin, get enhanced ability to diffuse rapidly in the stomach lining (mucous membrane), causing defects, that will be susceptible to further damage from the acid.
Antacids, usually, act quickly.
Heartburn can be more frequent and is usually more intense at night.
Up to half of acid reflux patients have dyspepsia, a syndrome consisting of the following: pain and discomfort in the upper abdomen, fullness in the stomach and feeling nauseous after eating.

Are you experiencing heartburn as a burning sensation that radiates up from the stomach to the chest and throat?
Do you get the feeling of acid backing up in the throat?
|

replied June 19th, 2008
Sudden acid reflux
No it was more blike a burning pain behind or just under my breast bone that lasted for several days. Some nausea, but no acid in throat, or burping...but just kept going....days. It still kind of aches.
|

User Profile
replied July 2nd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Many patients with GERD do not experience regurgitation, the feeling of acid backing up in the throat. Instead symptoms may appear in other locations.
The symptom you've felt "a burning pain behind or just under my breast bone" is known as heartburn, and it's the primary symptom of GERD.
|

replied November 16th, 2010
acid reflux symptoms sound more like gall bladder
Sounds like your gall bladder
|