Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Stuck in dark place

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
for as long as i can remember i have been struggling to keep myself from being down.
I have been stuck in what i call a dark place and people could talk to me but i just drift into this part of my mind and return, mid-conversation, in a horrible mood. Its really been getting me down and i find it hard to continue going to school and returning home everyday, because every little hurdle pushes me further into my depression. I seriously need help because living is not worth it if i dont enjoy it.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 6th, 2009
I feel you
I have my moments and get stuck in a dark place often. Life is a journey and right now our journey is not so good.

I believe that once we figure this out, life will be worth living. If we quit now, we will never know what lies ahead. What if the next half is unbelievable? What happens to you when you die? I dont want to roll the dice. I need to figure this out. you can too. I dont know how yet, but when I figure it out, i will let you know. For thetime being we need to realise that we are making life seem more complicated than it really is. We need to enjoy. Who cares about bills and relationships and jobs. Look at the bright side. It can only get better
|
Users who thank strangedaze for this post: aimeewright 

User Profile
replied February 7th, 2009
hi!
i was in a similar place to you not so long ago! it changed around so quick!
that is why it is worth holding on, with the right help you can get through anything!
have you tried to seek help for the way you are feeling?
also try to think back to when you were happy, if you can, and try to think of anything that may have affected your mood in anyway! no matter how small! then you may be able to focus and work on the root cause of your problem!
honestly, the journey isnt nice, but its sure worth it at the end! just think how much stronger you will be once you are through it!
is there anything you do that makes you happy, if only for a little while or the time you are doing it?
also if you find yourself getting more agitated or down, try to take some time out, close your eyes and focus on your breathing, think about the sensations you get from that! and when you feel relaxed start letting thoughts enter your head, if it gets too much, then just focus on the breathing again!
may sound silly, but it really does help!
hope this helped! and would love to hear back from you! take care! x
|

replied February 7th, 2009
thank you but when i think back i cannot really remember a time when i was actually happy which i know is a very bad situation to be in.
the worst thing is that between school and home anything i feel is progress gets stripped away as i go from these places.
|

User Profile
replied February 9th, 2009
ive sent you a private message! hope i can help! take care!x
|
Tags: Depression
Quick Reply