Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Vascular and Circulatory Disorders Forum

Strong heartbeat , cold sensation

Must Read
The common cold is probably the most well known illness known to man. But did you know that it's a virus? Read to learn the basics about cold here....
How do you get a cold? And what causes the cold? Learn more about causes of the cold, and risk factors that you can avoid to prevent this illness....
You probably know many of the symptoms of a cold: sneezing, sore throat, a stuffy nose, and coughing. Do you know the difference between the flu vs. a cold?...
Hello, I'm a 19 year old male, and since last year i started having occasional strong heartbeat,chest pressure, pain in my left arm, sometimes "pins and needle" feeling in my tongue and in one occasion strong chest pain around my heart which lasted several minutes.

Several months afterward I went to a doctor, made an ECG, except some "prolapse" she said everything looks normal, prescribed me some vitamins and pointed me on doing an echo heart scan and blood analysis, which i never did cause i don't have medical insurance. But i didn't had many troubles since then, i felt chest pressure and palpitation, but it was tolerable.

Two days ago while sitting in front of the computer i felt strong heartbeat and "pins and needles" feeling in my tongue, like there is no blood circulation. Also I'm experiencing cold sensations around my heart, and my right hand and leg and going numb, probably no circulation, when i lay on my back or left side(though i was laying on my left side several hours ago and the numbness got better). And sometimes i feel a piercing pain through my chest and stomach.

Sorry for the long post, I hope somebody can help me.
Thanks in advance.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 22nd, 2008
Supporter
I think you'll need to find a clinic that offers free or sliding scale medical exams to follow up on the echo heart scan and blood analysis requirements. Otherwise, it's conjecture rather than diagnosis.
|

replied March 4th, 2009
What happened?
Hi,
What happened? Have you finally got answers for the symptoms you're getting. Hey buddy, the health is priceless. I know money really matters nowadays, but that's your health! The most precious than the most precious diomond ever. Get my point?
I wish you the very best of luck & wish to hear from you soon.
Take great care.
|
Users who thank Sajjid for this post: thenewguy 

replied March 16th, 2009
sounds so similar to my symptoms
Have you found anything out? I have the prickly tongue, cold sensations in my chest (drives me nuts!!) I also have confirmed mitral valve prolapse. I sometimes go into some form of tachacardia (SP??)- my heart literally beats 200+ beats a minute. My husband has been with me when this has happened. It's so scary but usually doesn't last long enough to get to dr. or ER. Still exhausting!They say they have to actually do tests while it's happening. I have a few other symptoms - sometimes feel chest congestion. I have a pain that comes and goes in one spot in my upper back. It feels deeper than a "back" pain and the fact that it is sporadic... Hmmm. Please let me know if you found out anything.
|

replied March 20th, 2009
I did an echo scan and the cardiologist told me that there is nothing wrong with my heart and the symptoms are most probably caused by excess adrenaline which is caused by stress and lack of physical activity. And suggested regular excercise and avoiding stressful situations. But still sometimes,not very often though,I feel the chest pain, when laying down strange sensation in the right led and tongue cramps. I hope it will all disappear in time.
Rooted, Sajjid thank you very much for the shown concern,support and advices. You're right, the health means more than all the money in the world.
3boysmom, I hope that what you have is harmless as the thing I experience most probably is. In my opinion you should do the tests, just in case. I'm sure you'll get back at us with good news.
All the best wishes
thenewguy
|

User Profile
replied March 20th, 2009
Experienced User
follow this research lead
I have had a lot of these symptoms & after all the medical attension telling me there was nothing wrong or it was all in my mind wan'ting to give me anti-depressants. I started to research for myself, finding these two sites which are a very good starting point for any one with health problems.
shirleyswellnesscafe, here you can research the balance between salt & water the two most important things we cando for ourselves. ithyroid.com, is very educational & is crucial for learning the balancing of nutrition & deficiencies which are the basis for the beginning of all illnesses. finally if i can help anyone further you are welcome to contact me where i can help you workit out for yourself, those who don't know: click on the logo (avatar) beside my subject heading & on the new page select send a message this will send private mail but not devulge anyones address.
Good luck God Bless & be aware you hold the key to your good health by taking control.
|