Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stroke Forum

Strokes and crying?

Must Read
What happens during a stroke? What increases your chances of having a stroke? Stroke basics and info on the two types of stroke here....
Strokes can happen with virtually no warning signs. Learn the symptoms of stroke so that you can take immediate action in case of emergency....
User Profile
hi there my dad have strock now is 3 month but today is the 4 day that he start crying is that normal plz tell me

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 24th, 2011
Stroke Answer A18896
Hello and thank you for posting your medical question on E health forum.

For your information, Vision changes, Loss of memory, Personality changes, Mood changes (depression, apathy), Drowsiness, lethargy and unconsciousness are some major symptoms seen in stroke patients in the later stages after an episode of stroke.

Stroke patients over time develop dementia and can have a labile emotional status. This means that they can start crying for no reason as well. This is a very common feature that is not to be worried about.

Family counseling may help in coping with the changes required for home care of the patient. Visiting nurses or aides, volunteer services, homemakers, adult protective services, and other community resources may be helpful in the management of stroke patients.

You might consider getting him evaluated by a psychiatrist, who can rule out conditions like depression and start essential treatment at the earliest.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Stroke , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.