Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stroke Forum

Stroke at 26. After waking up...

Must Read
What happens during a stroke? What increases your chances of having a stroke? Stroke basics and info on the two types of stroke here....
Strokes can happen with virtually no warning signs. Learn the symptoms of stroke so that you can take immediate action in case of emergency....
After waking up from a dream a year later after the major ischemic stroke I had at 26, I wanted to say something about having a stroke. I came to, I was confused. I didn't recognize people right away but it clicked... even if I couldn't voice it. The lights hurt my eyes, I was mostly blind. But out of all these things there is one thing I remember most.. being yelled at.

Nurses... Doctors..all of them raised their voices so loudly they were near yelling at me. Why? Just because I can't respond to you - just because I'm not -getting it- right away doesn't mean that I can't -hear- you. Oh no, I heard people JUST fine. So please... unless you know for an absolute fact they can't hear you....

STOP YELLING. Please. It hurt my head so bad and I couldn't ask them to stop.... just.. stop yelling. Only my friends and family kept their voices normal. My Fiance at the time even had to tell a Nurse "She's blind not deaf stop yelling."
Did you find this post helpful?
|