Medical Questions > Mens Health > Penis Forum

Stretching techniques to loosen foreskin

Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....
User Profile
Hi

My foreskin has always been tight. Recently I have tried the stretching techniques and it has loosend the foreskin alot. However, when the penis is erect the foreskin does not retract easily at all and needs alot of effort to put it pass the gland. This is really frustrating and upsetting as alot of people don't have this problem.

I don't know what to do. When flaccid it's not as bad but if having sex this isn't good with the foreskin being tight and not retracting.

The stretching is not helping no more as i've been doing it for a few months now.

What can I do?

Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 24th, 2009
Penis Answer A6108
Given the data you provided, you might be experiencing phimosis. Since you have already tried unsuccessfully to stretch the foreskin, you might want to apply topical steroid cream for 4-6 weeks to the narrow part of the foreskin. If this does not help circumcision or preputioplasty is recommended.

|

replied March 24th, 2011
I have same problem, my skin is very tight. It doesn't go past the glands and i am circumsised (since i was a baby)
Why is mine tight? because i have never stretched it.
|
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Penis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.