Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

stressed or depressed ?

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
User Profile
im 22,married got lil boy. due on in a week pluss christmas is comin.i think my husband is annoy,fat,stupid,ugly,pain in the arse, cant stand to be near him.messes things up.i get pissed off over stupid things like him doing the spre room all day n he goes on ps3 for 2 minutes n i shout at him but yet im on the laptop on facebook. wats wrong with me. my married is on the rocks help xx
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile CarolineEF
|

User Profile
replied December 7th, 2009
Community Volunteer
Reconnect!!!...Find the reasons that you fell in love with him and hold them close...None of us are perfect....It takes two to make a good marriage....You are still so young....Growing up isn't easy....Honey, it takes time....Take care...

Caroline
|

User Profile
but i have tried that we have been to relate classe they worked n now suddenly i am back to thye way i was before a nasty person and i dont understand y,is it the hormoans or is it from having my son so my head is all over the place i dont know. im wide awake but i want to go to sleep but i know my head wont rest till im proper shattered.messed up so bad dont know y.
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
I think you should get some help...Hormones can mess with your mind after having a baby...Talk with your doctor about this...In the meantime, confide in someone in your family and tell them of your feelings...Don't try and fight this yourself...You are a good person, but sometimes life can overwhelm us....Take care....

Caroline
|

replied December 8th, 2009
Hi alicia, dont panic yourself at this advanced stage of your pregnancy it is not good for you as well as your child's health. some women may develop this kind of stress, anxiety during their pregnancy, it is purely because of your hormonal change, some may become very emotional and cry for everything, will be angry at everyone,... all these are common. so it is good that you talk about it to your doctor they will guide you properly.
be cheerful always. try to engage yourself or think about your son you are going to have. there is nothing wrong with you.
and listen to good music which you like, or decorate the house for your son's arrival. go for long walks see to it you dont over do it.
keep smiling.
|

User Profile
replied December 8th, 2009
i have tried goin to the doctor n they said i had ADHD n got sent to a mental unit for it to be check,they didnt think i had it i just had few promlems with stress after havin my son.this was nearly a year ago. today i feel fine,but i know wen my husband comes bk tonight i will dig at him be nasty,make fun of him all for no reason. i wanna know why.i will go to my doctors but because i know them they will look at my records n shrug me off n say ur just stressed out as its xmas time. i just wannt know if there is more to why i am the way i am.
|

replied December 9th, 2009
I just want to know one thing from you why you feel something is wrong with you. just for an example i am saying when you talk this nicely to a stranger like me and others why cant you do the same to your husband. are you behaving like this only to your husband or to everyone like mom, dad, sis, bro or whomever it is. if its only to your husband then it has to do some thing about the impression about your husband you have in your mind. there is nothing wrong with you.
see how cute son you have, just think how many are as blessed as you, does your husband react back when you behave like this everyday?
just relax.there are lots of people around you who cares for you.just open up and see.
|

User Profile
i have spoken to my health visitor and she said she is goin to speak to our local perdiatrion.as it could just be stress and angree promblem........yh its only toward my husband.she aslo make me see it as a bigger picutre.as he has been away i have ha routine and i get irritated wen he doesn something wrong or doesnt consult me as i hjave done it for the past 6 months. but i have found the problem and i have spoke to him about my talk so i know i can talk to him,he understands me,why i am gettin stressed out but he loves me that why he will put up with it. thank u for ur help. xx
|

Marriage is touch. But, do you think it will be easier AFTER he is gone? I know several friends who thought life would be sooo much better without their spouse, only to find after divorce, they still have the same debt, responsiblities, etc.

Maybe just try treating your husband as you would a good friend. I doubt you yell at your friends. Good luck. Cole
|

replied December 10th, 2009
Experienced User
You sound stressed. You are rambling all these things. I believe this is pregnancy at its finest. Just take some YOU time and have a heart to heart. Jus dont hurt your husband!
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
HiAlicia_21,

Would you do me a favor and share with your doctor exactly what you have shared with us? Your underlying hatred for your husband can easily transfer to that of your childern, they are half his to remember? You have several mental illness going on, one of them seem to have been misdiagoised or not diagnoised...post pardom depression from the birth of your first child. Now that you are pregnant again the problem will only enhance. Your husband really isn't the problem, your view of him is. Please tell your doctor you need psychological help and if you have someone who can come stay with you and your husbabd for a few weeks at home after you have the baby, that would be a Godsend. If you feel you need to leave the baby in the hospital for a few days to get it together by all means do that. Ask the doctor to put you in contact with a new mother support group, you need to get out of the pressure cooker you are currently in and vent outside of your marriage, your husband can and will only take so much before he either go off or walk out. Seek help ASAP!!!

God Bless,

Faded Rose
|

Alicia_21 wrote:
i have spoken to my health visitor and she said she is goin to speak to our local perdiatrion.as it could just be stress and angree promblem........yh its only toward my husband.she aslo make me see it as a bigger picutre.as he has been away i have ha routine and i get irritated wen he doesn something wrong or doesnt consult me as i hjave done it for the past 6 months. but i have found the problem and i have spoke to him about my talk so i know i can talk to him,he understands me,why i am gettin stressed out but he loves me that why he will put up with it. thank u for ur help. xx

I am very happy for you, you have found the reason behind your emotions. and you have a caring husband like you have told he understands you. so you keep on thinking this when ever you feel you want to fight with your husband.and my prayers for you. Smile
|

User Profile
replied December 11th, 2009
wooooooowwww who said i was pregnant,he has been away n i am on the pill,we only slept together on tuesday and im still taking my pill. i aint pregnant lol im actualy due on today which its startin to show so i think im far from pregnant lol but thank you. i know wat u mean by taking it out on my child but im far from that i think im just stressed bein xmas comin up goin away 3 days after his 1st bday n its only like week away.can u see why i am stressed.
|

User Profile
replied April 13th, 2012
wow i wa havin a rough 2009. it was post natal depression guys.thanks for all ur feed back.we found out itwas fluxuatin thats why they didnt pick up on it as i was having good n bad days. i have 2 kids now n maddie is 7months n i spotted my depression few weeks back so im on the mend hehe life is gettin better Smile xx
|