Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Stressed about the future

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
Hi, I've been lurking on these forums for a little while now because I'm having some anxiety troubles. I've been having the "disconnected" feeling during the day and I have been having trouble just getting myself to sleep the past couple months. I had an event where I woke up in the middle of the night having a lot of difficulty breathing after a weekend of feeling constantly lightheaded for no apparent reason, which I had no past history of, but the doctors said I was alright. I feel that contributes to the anxiety of sleeping, but lately I've been stressing a great deal of the future. I'm still young, but it just feels like life is flying by and that just makes me anxious. No matter what I try, constant negative thoughts about the future (death most prominently) will just pop into my head. I've read a lot of the posts here, and they do help, but the constant fear of the future and just time going too fast are making me feel like I'm going crazy. When I hear my peers wishing that a class or day would end faster it just makes me wish that I could have that kind of mindset, like I used to have before all of this anxiety set in, but this constant fear of what will happen in the future is plaguing me. I just feel out of place (some of the posts here have helped though) and was wondering of anyone has any advice on how to control this constant anxiety that I feel is accrediting to my "lightheaded" and "disconnected" feeling everyday and that I feel is getting in the way of just living my life like before. Thanks in advance and sorry for this being so long.
Did you find this post helpful?
|