Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Stress/worry

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
I feel lost and nothing is helping. It started with me worrying about one thing. Now I'm worrying about everything. I have thoughts in my head thinking that I'm very sick basically being a hypochondriac. I dk what to do. Now anything with stress is bothering me. I really need some support.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 14th, 2012
You have anxiety. Doesn't mean you have an anxiety disorder per se. Right now, your body's fire alarm, if you will, keeps going off for no reason. There are two ways to get rid of this. One way is to silence it through medication or to turn it off through therapy. The first step for you my friend would be to asses why you are feeling this way. Speak to your family and friends and get insight and support from them. Since I don't know anything about you, I can't suggest why this is happening to you but it could be that you're stressed, repressed, oppressed, lonely ,isolated, relationship problems, school problems, money problems etc etc. At the end of the day you will live.

If self help doesn't work, go to your doctor. Mine really helped me with addressing my anxiety. He made me feel better and gave me some medication to silence the alarm. I will be seeing a therapist this week to try and shut it off completely one day.
|

replied April 16th, 2012
You need to spend quality time with loved ones...
|

User Profile
replied May 14th, 2012
Stress worry leads to create lots of tensions in your mind which results or affects your health and makes your face dull and dark below the eyes..So try to be always happy in all situation whatever it was it is and it will be..
|

replied May 15th, 2012
Experienced User
Join a cbt group and learn to think more objectively and most if not all of your worries will disappear. If you cannot afford cbt treatment read the book 'been there,done that? Do This! by sam obitz and start doing the TEA form exercise in the book. Chances are you are making a lot of the thinking errors he lists in the book and that is causing your needless worries.
|

replied May 15th, 2012
Experienced User
Join a cbt group and learn to think more objectively and most if not all of your worries will disappear. If you cannot afford cbt treatment read the book 'been there,done that? Do This! by sam obitz and start doing the TEA form exercise in the book. Chances are you are making a lot of the thinking errors he lists in the book and that is causing your needless worries.
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

User Profile
replied March 19th, 2013
jennyhugh wrote:
Stress worry leads to create lots of tensions in your mind which results or affects your health and makes your face dull and dark below the eyes..So try to be always happy in all situation whatever it was it is and it will be..

Hello Friends, How are you all? I am new to this thread and its quite good to me being here, What's your opinion about Diabetes and Depression, as its common everywhere and especially in youth.
|

replied September 4th, 2013
Experienced User
I honestly don't have any experience with diabetes and depression, but I would think since CBT is the most proven treatment that it would at least be useful for it even if it stemmed from diabetes? But I don't know much about diabetes so hopefully someone else on here will have experience with that and chime in.
|

replied January 28th, 2014
Experienced User
Hi Jenny,

Did you find anything that worked for diabetes and depression? I sincerely hope you have.
|