Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

Stress Incontinence

Must Read
Learn the basics about mental disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a mental health condition. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for mental conditions....
In 1999, I had a vaginal hysterectomy followed by a pubovaginal sling for stress incontinence a few months later. This resulted in urge incontinence, and in 2002, I had an Interstim device implanted. In 2003, the stress incontinence came back. So, I had another pubovaginal sling. The Interstim device's batteries wore out in 2007, so I had a second Interstim device implanted. Now, the stress incontinence is back (and some of the urge incontinence). I am told at this time, my Interstim has about 1 1/2 years left of the battery. Also, the stress incontinence is really bad. To alleviate the stress incontinence I am going to have a procedure using Macroplastique. If this doesn't help, the doctor said that another sling is possible. His comment was the fact that after having so many surgeries, that there is a 50% chance of having urine retention if I have another sling surgery done. The urodynamic test that I recently had shows that there is no sign of voiding dysfunction. Is that your experience - the more bladder surgeries you have done, the more possibility of having the retention? Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|