Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Stress at Work and Home

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
Hi Anna,
I'm Nick. I'm very stressed at work and this reflects in my relationships at home. I get tired and when I get tired I can snap at the slightest thing - anything. I really feel this is affecting my relationship with my girldfriend and daughter.
I feel a bit trapped and in a downwards spiral.
Work seems to take over my life. I love my job but it means I spend a lot of time away from home.
Do I just need a new job or is there other things I can do?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 7th, 2009
Hi Nick,

Maybe quitting the job is not the best decision at this time.
I can say that you're in the "burn out" stage.Burn out does not only affects your job performances but also social and personal commitments, reduces creativity and innovations and most specially affects one's physiological and psychological state...which means leads to a number of diseases.
Before burn out ruins your life, you have to empower yourself to overcome this thing.And one of the best way is using stress management activities and exercises. Try it, I know will help you a lot.
And when things worked out...that's the time to think if you needed to change your job or not. A relaxed mind will give you more perspective

Aylah sunny
|

replied October 26th, 2009
Hello,

I can totally relate to the stress and for me it has effected my sleep. There's just so much going on and it seems like everyone want more than I can give - so it stresses me out. I found a video on youtube.com/serenitytelevision has a promo video for a dvd that seems very relaxing and peaceful, it could put me to sleep. I found the promo video very helpful. I am looking forward to receiving my dvd.
B_F
|