Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Vision and Eye Disorders Forum

Stress and eye pressure ?

Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....
Hello everyone!

I has been recently found higher eyes pressure without family history of glaucoma (good optical nerve and vission field, though) and my question is does Lamictal (combined with Valproic acid, or valproate itself)can possibly lead to this? I am "regularly" highly stressed or respond to some stressors very intensevely and, somehow, even if ophtalmologists don t agree about that connection as relevant, I feel sudden eye "pressures" when "my" stressors occure.

Any experiences? I would be more than thankful!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 17th, 2009
You are perfectly right
I agree with your judgement rather than your doctor. You are perfectly right about your situation. Indeed, the elevation of your IOP is directly related with your stress. So, the most important thing is to learn how to cope with the stress better or to get rid of your stress for good.
In fact, I have to point out to you that almost 90% of main illness is stress related.
So, remove your stress is good for your overall health too.
|
Did you find this post helpful?