Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Cold, Flu and Viral Infections Forum

Strep or virus?

Must Read
The common cold is probably the most well known illness known to man. But did you know that it's a virus? Read to learn the basics about cold here....
How do you get a cold? And what causes the cold? Learn more about causes of the cold, and risk factors that you can avoid to prevent this illness....
You probably know many of the symptoms of a cold: sneezing, sore throat, a stuffy nose, and coughing. Do you know the difference between the flu vs. a cold?...
My son had a fever for four days and developed a dry cough so we took him to the dr. Who said he had swollen tonsils and white specks on them. Gave him amoxicillin for 7 days. After being on anti biotics for 4 days, he felt better but his cough was worse and his sore throat was horrible. After 5 days, I checked his throat and his tonsills were STILL swollen and had white specks on them. His symptoms have started to clear up except this awful sore throat. Should I take him back in, or is this most likely just a virus?
Did you find this post helpful?
|