Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Strange smell in nose

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
I've been smelling something strange in my nose all the time and it doesn't go off. This smell was there years ago but it seldom comes and goes off soon. But now, it doesn't go off. I don't smell it when I'm breathing but when I breathe in/out hard or press my nose and breathe, the smell will be stronger! Help please.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 16th, 2011
Have you recently ingested any zinc cold remedies? These products can cause olfactory nerve damage which results in odd smells/tastes and even a complete loss thereof. I have olfactory nerve damage from a zinc cold remedy (cough lozenges) and I smell sulphur or burnt hair all the time. When the damage first occured I smelled ammonia very strongly.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply