Medical Questions > Cancer > Skin Cancer Forum

Strange Mark On Neck

Must Read
What is melanoma? This section give you a quick intro to this particular type of skin cancer, including the entire range of types of melanomas....
Doctors are pretty certain that ultraviolet radiation plays a role in the development of melanoma. Which other activities put you at risk of melanoma?...
What does melanoma look like? Learn to identify early signs and symptoms of melanoma with this full description of symptoms of melanoma here....
I have a mark on my neck that is scar-like and smaller than a pencil eraser. It is flesh colored in the center, a bit darker around the outside, and is a bit rough to the touch and raised up. It has been there for a while, it started as what I thought was a pimple but it took a while to heal up. I have mild OCD so I tend to pick at things like this and I picked at it causing it to bleed. I am concerned about it and I have scheduled a doctors appointment for the middle of December, but I was wondering if anyone could help me because I am losing sleep worrying over it. I have a picture, but I don't know how to post it up, so if anyone needs it, I will gladly email it. I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks, JD
Did you find this post helpful?
|