Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Dental Health Forum

Strange Lump On Mouth Floor

Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....
Hi. I'm concerned, primarily because I'm the worlds biggest hypochondriac. Haha. I have this odd bump on the floor of my mouth under my tongue off to the side of the salivary glands. It doesn't hurt, it's well, mouth colored. No contrast from the rest of that area, I'd have no clue it was there if I didn't play with it with my tongue constantly. The photo makes it look different. It protrudes and I can move it around, it's soft for the most part. I'm just concerned but desperately avoiding a trip to the doctor. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. Link to photo below.
imgur.com/HYirKCO
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 2nd, 2015
Growth can be in any form of tissue, in or around the mouth. Growth most commonly appears on the lips, side of tongue and floor of mouth. Its causes may be Noncancerous, Precancerous, Cancerous.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply