Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Dental Health Forum

Strange brown/dark yellow stains on the backs of my 4 top front

Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....
User Profile
Hi dental lovers!

Here's the full story. January 2016 was the last time I visited (I know, it's been a long time, but I'm going back this month). Back then, she noticed that the back of my 4 top front teeth were being chipped away because of my lower teeth (probably some mild grinding during the night), and she prescribed a bite guard, which I've been using since then. After that visit, I took a picture of my back teeth - BEFORE - https://www.dropbox.com/s/kyadaigydsmxvhc/ IMG_0798.JPG?dl=0

This month I noticed that these 4 teeth were much more stained than usually (sorry for blurriness, it's not easy to photograph your back teeth, it helps if you zoom out) [image link removed]/drive/folders/0B8eNDSu_E9YeVFVscT ZiQlZfcFk?usp=sharing
I get the impression they are more chipped away than they were before, and they are also showing a brownish / almost yellowish color. Have I destroyed the first layer of these teeth? What could this be?

Thank you! Robert
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 14th, 2017
|

User Profile
replied March 31st, 2017
Improper care of your teeth could be the reason for your yellow stains and discoloration. Once having any teeth whitening treatment, its necessary to maintain good dental care.
Tips to prevent teeth discoloration after teeth whitening treatment:
1. Avoid stain-causing food and beverages like coffee, tea, wine
2. use a straw to avoid stain causing dyes away from your teeth.
3. Quit smoking can help to keep your teeth bright.
|
Quick Reply