Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

stopped up ear

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
Can anyone tell me what I can do for my ears being stopped up due to allergies I'm sure. I hear like a ringing and forget about talking on the phone. I have tried holding my nose and blowing to pop them but that is not working. I also take zyrtec everyday. Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Sassy123
|

replied March 7th, 2009
I've felt your pain!
Hey, Sassy123.
I too experienced this back in 2005 and it's due to allergy (ragweed). I ended up seeing an ENT who put me on Flonase and Zyrtec - I still take both everyday. I've gotten tremendously better because we finally resulted to allergy shots in conjunction with the flonase & zyrtec. My advice to you is to stay on the meds - they will REALLY help you over time. I'm 100 percent better now. Hang in there!
|

User Profile
replied March 7th, 2009
Supporter
My allergy doctor recommends using a 50/50 solution of vinegar and water. Use an ear bulb to put liquid in ear, tilt your head so it doesn't run out. Wait about a minute then place a towel to your ear and tilt the opposite direction to drain. Do the same for the other ear. Do this rinse once a day. You will probably have to do this a few days before it works.
|

replied May 22nd, 2009
How to clear clogged ears at home
There is a cure you can try at home for clogged Eustachian tubes, usually you will get clicking, fluid swishing, pressure, pain, etc -if you have this issue and often many more worse symptoms too. There are many testimonials on the web site you can read that tell how the remedy worked for so many people and is so amazing. Read them first. Then read some of the facts about ear anatomy and eustachian tube congestion. The reason the etube gets clogged is due to the muscles around it being unable to open it to allow pressure equalization and fluid drainage. With a combination of the etube membranes being swollen due to cold or allergy this compounds.

Mine started a few years ago. I tell my story on my web site, and I show you using videos and diagrams exactly how to do my home remedy I discovered that will solve this issue. You buy the ingredients at your local drug store or supermarket even. They cost about $20 -$30 (many people will already have them in their home)

DO NOT USE EAR CANDLES, they are fake! Research it, you will find lots of factual data about how they are fake. Also make sure you have cleaned all wax form the outter ear first. HOPE IT HELPS everyone who reads this!
|

replied May 13th, 2011
Stopped up Ears
I have had stopped up ears since the last of March 2011 and still have it, the left ear is the worst one. Was told that I have to get a hearing aid, I am not that old. What is your home remedy tcady for May 22nd 2009.
I have tried the raw garlic have also tried taking Fenu Thyme an herbal supplement. I think it helped some but not enough still have so much pressure in that ear, by days end both are equally stopped up, any suggestions.
Please respond
Thank you
|

replied January 20th, 2012
My ears have been stopped up for a very long time just as you. I have been to my dr, 2 ENT dr's and now seeing a Neuro-Otologist and still do not know what the problem is. I have ringing in my ears to the point that I am unable to sleep at night...I already had nerve deafness...so now my hearing is even worse. I just feel hopeless. I have been on every type allergy medicine you can imagine and nasal sprays...so discoraged...just want my ears to open and feel normal again. I went from being a very healthy 50 year old woman...to...this..I just keep praying that one day someone will find the answer. God Bless and good luck.
|

replied January 20th, 2012
He put a slit in my eardrum to see if that is what is causing my problem but now it is even more stopped up. He planned on putting tubes in my ears if it had helped...but nope...worse...I really don't know what to do now. He plans on doing some allergy testing with me...so at least he is trying to fix the problem.
|