Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

Stomachache and diarrhea after eating

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
User Profile
hey... for what seems like forever, ive had this thing where shortly after i eat i get a horrible stomach ache and diarrhea- it doesnt happen after every meal, but there was a point abuot a year ago when it happened every time i ate something, but its gotten better. idk if its just what i ate or not, it hapens with all different types of food. all i know is that it hurts incredibly bad- it actually makes me cry sometimes and it doesnt stop for hours, even if im not using the bathroom my stomach still hurts and the only thing i can do to help relieve some of the pain is to put my arms under my breasts and lift them and lean over or use a pillow. i hate it and its been going on for years. can anyone help?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 24th, 2010
Digestive and Bowel Disorders Answer A13518
Hi, welcome to ehealth forum and I am glad to help you.
You seem concerned by the stomach pains and diarrhea that lasts for hours and the same has been going on for years.
The possibilities to consider in your case include malabsorption problems such as celiac disease which can cause food related diarrhea. The other possibility is of inflammatory bowel disease such as Crohn's disease and that is more suggestive if bowel movements contain blood or mucus at times. If you have symptoms of abdominal pain with alternating diarrhea and constipation and the symptoms are more worse when you are under stress, then the possibility of irritable bowel syndrome shall also be considered.
You must consult your family physician for detailed evaluation and definitive diagnosis as the same is not possible online.
Hope this helps. Take care.
Note: This post is not to emphasise final diagnosis as the same cannot be made online and is aimed just to provide medical information and no treatment suggested above be taken without face to face consultation with health care professional.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Digestive and Bowel Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.