Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

Stomach swelling, back and side pain, belly button discharge.

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
I have had stomach pains and irregular bowels for years but saturday after drinking a lot I started to get a weird sensation in my belly button. It started out as like someone was constantly poking it but gradually swelled and got red around it and extremely tender around my whole stomach. I bloated a bit and i got a what feels like a small water balloon right above and to the right of my navel. The next day I had red/brown fluid running out of it all day. After that day the pain has went almost completely away but the lump is still there and now my back is burning and lungs like i have fluid. The doctor I saw said he would treat it as just a fungal infection but he said he had a previous case that wound up being a malignant. I see a surgeon monday for an ultrasound, but I wanted an opinion on given my having abdominal pain for years and the pain and such going away after the fluid leaked what is the likely hood of it being just a simple infection? Im having no fever or yellowing of the skin and eyes but I cant stay awake for more than a few hours without getting severly fatigued .I also constantly feel like i just downed a few glasses of water like im water logged. Also if it helps i had my appendix removed about six years ago.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 16th, 2012
I had a cyst on my tail bone once and it felt almost to same as that as far as when it started leaking the pain reduced dramatically.
|

User Profile
replied July 5th, 2012
My little brother had something like this happen and treated it like a fungal infection. He had drainage and some pain behind his navel, saw the Dr twice and finally he had actually bleeding from the navel and it felt hard and hurt when he pressed down, they put him in for a CT scan and found a cyst attached to what suppose to drop off 19 years ago being his umbilical cord, docs said this is rare they do not see many cases but it formed a very large cyst bigger then a quarter but a little less than a half dollar. Id talk to your doc and order a pelvic ct to rule out that possibility especially if your leaking fluid from the navel, that means theres an opening somewhere, and they also said he had a good size hole forming where the fluid was "escaping".

hope this helps a little bit at least to rule out a rare but def. possibility
|