Medical Questions > Womens Health > Ovulation and Ovaries Forum

Stomach soreness during period

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
User Profile
Ok, well, I got my periods about a week ago and I think it was about 2 days after that my tummy got sore across my bellybutton and around where my ovaries are, but it only felt sore if I layed on my side when I went to bed a night or sometimes if I sat down, it would feel sore when I went to get up. I'm not having any trouble when I go to the toilet and it doesn't hurt if I sneeze or cough and I feel fine when I eat. I think it's been going on for about 5 days now but it has gotten better. I was thinking too, that maybe it had to do with the fact that I have PCOS - Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.
Should I be worried?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile EbonyH
|

User Profile
replied January 16th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Have you had a pelvic exam recently?
|

User Profile
replied January 21st, 2009
What's a pelvic exam?
|

User Profile
replied January 21st, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
A pelvic exam is an when a doctor examines a women's reproductive organs (vagina, cervix, uterus, and ovaries).

Its a standard procedure in most gyno appointments.
|

replied May 3rd, 2012
Same situation
I understand this was an old post, and not sure if I'll hear back, but I have been searching online for someone with stomach pains just like the ones you described here during their period! My period was 17 days late, It started 5 days ago, and I've had constant lower back pain, headaches, some dizziness, and what it seems to be, the same stomach pain you once experienced. Did it go away on its own and that was that? Or did you find out the cause?
|