Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Pancreas Disorders Forum

Stomach pains following pancreatic operation

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
My wife, aged 57, had an operation to remove an insulinoma from her pancreas at the start of September. Her spleen was also removed. a secondary cancer was found on her Liver, which was cut out. She cannot be treated for the cancer as there is no evidence the type of cancer she has responds to treatment.

In the last few weeks she has been complaining of shooting internal stomach pains, around the same area as she had the operation.

Obviously she is worried that this would be the cancer reappearing, but I am hoping it is an after effct of her operation and can be remedied easily.

She is due to have a scan shortly, so hopefully we will get some news then.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 10th, 2009
Community Volunteer
Hi tapyeno,
Hopefully it is only scar tissue from the surgery and nothing more. Once one hear the word cancer and having been diagnoised with it, it consumes your every thought whenever something pops up. I will pray for you and your wife's speedy recovery and that she will be cancer free in the years ahead.

God Bless,
Faded Rose
|
Did you find this post helpful?