Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

stomach pains feels like the flu

Must Read
Flu basics - what is the flu? Get started here to learn how to protect yourself....
Who is at risk of developing flu related complications? Can people die from the flu? More on risk factors here....
We answer your questions on flu symptoms here. How are cold and flu symptoms different? When should you seek medical help for flu? Plus more....
hi i have had a nasty flu bug feeling better apart from painfull stomach cramps it starts at the top of my stomach in the middle just below end of rib cage it spreads over my middle and then low down it is sharp pain is it the end of the bug or something else the pain lasts about 2 minutes and happens on and off had it for 2 days now no bad diarroeah with it thought it might be my irratible bowel but its different to what i usaully get went to my doctes told me to take painkillers but they havent worked
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 26th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
If this is a case of stomach flu, the abdominal cramps should be associated with both or one of the dominant symptoms of stomach flu, vomiting and /or diarrhea.
Symptoms of stomach flu, usually, start suddenly and may last 1 to 10 days, but, often the episode is completed within 3 days.
It seems like this abdominal pain is only due to IBS.
Abdominal pain due to IBS can be acute and/or chronic one, with quality of cramps or diffuse dull pain, located in different parts of the abdomen or felt generally.
You may feel upper abdomen pain, often associated with bloating and may worsen after meals.
Cramping can occur around the belly button and through the lower abdomen.
Lower abdomen pain is most likely to be eased by a bowel movement.

Best wishes!
Marija
|
Did you find this post helpful?