Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

stomach pains - AIDS symptom ?

Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
I have been HIV+ since 1985. My TCells were always over 725 and about five years ago with my doctors okay... I quit the antivirals.
I have not been back to the hospital for a checkup since. About a month ago, I began having the worst stomach cramps imaginable. Now, I am vomiting almost everything I consume including chicken broth. Is the situation I am experiencing an AIDS Symptom?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 9th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
It sounds like you are having a small intestine obstruction (a blockage, complete or incomplete, in the intestines that prevents gas, fluids, or solids from moving through the intestines normally).

Symptoms of bowel obstruction are waves of cramping abdominal pain, occurring around the belly button area.
Patient with bowel obstruction vomits repeatedly, often regurgitating large volumes of food eaten hours earlier.
A vomit is usually green in color.
You may experience unusual fullness after eating, bloating (gurgling sounds coming from your belly), and a lack of appetite, too.
Constipation and inability to pass gas are common signs of a bowel obstruction.
However, when the bowel is partially blocked, you may have diarrhea and pass some gas.
Many different problems can cause a bowel obstruction, such as scar tissue from previous surgeries, certain types of hernias, cancer, twisting of the intestines, or diverticulitis.
Also, is very possible that you were suffering from peptic ulcer located at duodenum, the first part of small intestines, and due to scaring and swelling caused by ulcer, you are experiencing bowel obstruction.

Visit a doctor!
Best wishes!
Marija
|
Did you find this post helpful?