Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

Stomach pain when breathing in

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I woke up this morning with a cramping sensation in my abdomen. Located in just one spot, left side, above my belly button but below my ribs...so i guess center left abdomen.
It hurts if I twist from side to side. It cramps up suddenly when I do. When I yawn or take a deep breath it cramps up to the point of feeling like I just ran and cramped up. I hope that makes sense.
Anyone have ideas what this could be?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 13th, 2010
Pain under ribs but above bellybutton and trouble breathing
I had a similar pain but in my right ride, about the same area. I made the mistake of waiting until it was so bad I couldnt even get out of bed without crying. I was taken to the ER where they game me a shot of morphine and then took me to the sonogram. The lady who did it pressed into my side and had me lay on it so much I ended up having to take another shot(neither fully took away my pain btw) They ended up blaming it on a kidney infection.

Mine started out as a cramping when I took a few steps and grew till I could only take shallows breaths. Im no doctor but if your having the same ones I had, go to the doctor!!!!! I found out after the visit I could have ended up in the hospital for up to 6 weeks if it had been worse!
|

replied February 11th, 2013
Help required - Same problem
Hey i am having the same situation right now.
It is really very painfull and the doctors are saying that can be due to gas.
Can you please tell what treatment you had gone through in this situation.
|