Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

Stomach pain for 3 days

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
Hi, I am a 19 year old female with nothing else medically wrong with me, so I'm hoping someone will help me here.

Early Monday (6-8-09) morning, around 4 am or so, my stomach started to feel "off." It didn't hurt, but it was uncomfortable enough to notice and I had a hard time falling back asleep. I got up at 8 am and started to get dressed for the day. However, I realized my stomach ache was still present and when I stood up/walked around to get ready, I started to get sweaty, dizzy, and nauseous. I went back to my room and lied back down, which made me feel a little better. But then, I got the sudden urge to go the bathroom. I went and ended up spending approximately 25 minutes in the bathroom. I wouldn't consider it diarrhea--the stool wasn't watery. It looked normal, it was just a little looser/easier to pass than usual, and there was a lot of it. I also had these horrendous stomach cramps and sweating that accompanied my trip to the bathroom.

After that, I went back to sleep. I woke up around 3 with the same stomach ache, and had to go back to the bathroom again around 4 pm. Same stomach cramps, less sweating this time. Same normal, but looser, stool. Throughout the night, I had to go again at 7-ish and 10-ish that night. Since then, however, I have not had to go again.

The problem is that my stomach is still hurting, and it is Wednesday at 5:30 pm. I have had this stomach ache for at least 60 hours now. It isn't a severe ache, but occasionally it does hurt worse than other times. Sometimes it hurts above my belly button, sometimes below. Other times, it hurts on both sides (flanks?) although not necessarily at the same time. It also sometimes hurts in my pelvic region. It's almost an all-over pain sometimes. I don't have any other symptoms: no fever, swelling, I haven't thrown up, etc. In fact, I feel perfectly normal other than this stomach ache. It isn't food poisoning, because I've eaten the same exact things that my parents have, and they are okay.

Could this just be a stomach bug? All the other times I've had a stomach bug, I've thrown up. But this time, I haven't, not even once. Just loose stools the first day, and nothing since. Maybe a mild virus? Or could this be something else entirely?

Thank you!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 11th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
It sounds as you have experienced a case of gastroenteritis or stomach flu.
Its main symptom is diarrhea along with nausea and/or vomiting.
Stomach pain with abdominal cramping are present, too.
Additional symptoms are excessive sweating, loss of appetite, weakness, fainting, fever (low fever).
Symptoms can be experienced up to 10 days, but, the usual duration for viral gastroenteritis is only 3 days.
Stomach discomfort following this episode is a common complain.
|

replied August 3rd, 2010
i have got the same thing i am 13 but i havent got diarrhea or i havent been sick and i have had this pain for five days now please help me ! can u tell me my problem ??
|

replied June 10th, 2012
Tummy problem
I also have now!! It hurts so much. Everytime i eat or drink , my tummy gets upset again . Since friday i had it and today its
Monday . I have been suffering and googling for help . My mum asks me to drink more hot water and put some ointment or whatever but its not helping ! This is the longest time i had this stomach problem. I only used to have diarrheoa but now its different . I ask my mum to send me to the doctor but what she said was "the doctor wud tell you its just a stomach flu " BUT YOU CANT FEEL WHAT IM FEELING MUM IT HURTS ! i hate it . I have many stomach problems but my mum doesnt care too much cos she doesnt wanna waste money
|

replied January 31st, 2012
I too have had these same symptoms. But no fever or throwing up. My mom and sister recently had a virus that caused them a 24 hour bug, but that's it. Ive eaten my normal foods, but it is now becoming scary to even eat for fear that it will quickly lead to stomach pain and the sudden urge to go the bathroom. I don't want to have to go to the doc if it will go away on it's own, but it hadn't yet and it's problem since I work in hair and can't run to the bathroom in the middle of a cut. Please help out there...?
|

replied March 27th, 2012
I'm 14 and I'm experiencing this too. I've had it for 3 days now. I'll be fine one minute, and then the next minute the pain will be so bad I can't stand up! Pain killers don't help. My stools are normal, I was sick last week but absolutely fine now (besides my stomach) and keep having panic attacks? Help Sad
|

replied April 17th, 2012
Tummy Troubles
I too have had the same thing and I'm 25 years old. I went to my doctor and he said it sounded like either I had an ulcer or gastritis. He prescribed me a drug that's like Prilosec but I don't notice it helping much, especially during the day. I do take Zantac at night before I go to bed and that helps me get through the night. You might want to try that. Hope that helps.
|

replied July 6th, 2012
I have upper stomach pains for 4 days now I was given blood tests and x ray and they said I had gastritis and I will be going to the doctor to get a Esophagogastroduodenoscopy test for ulcers and other problems.
|

replied July 9th, 2012
I have this now, this has been the third day, my stomach hurts so bad. I cant do anything but lie down and try to sleep. I planning to call the doctor tomorrow, only diff is that I've had very black stool. Im hoping this isn't anything serious, I just read that could mean bleeding in the stomach. ?
|

replied July 9th, 2012
I have this now, this has been the third day, my stomach hurts so bad. I cant do anything but lie down and try to sleep. I planning to call the doctor tomorrow, only diff is that I've had very black stool. Im hoping this isn't anything serious, I just read that could mean bleeding in the stomach. ?
|
Quick Reply