Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

stomach pain below sternum

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
I have a pain in my stomach just below my sternum. I can't sleep or lean on my stomach and it hurts when I take a deep breath sometimes.

what could that be.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 22nd, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
It could be your gallbladder, something with your stomach, or even a lung issue. Go see a doctor if this doesn't get better in a few days, if you get worse at all, or if you get any new symptoms. When you go, be very specific about your symptoms. Any shortness of breath, coughing, or other lung issues? Is it worse after eating, especially a fatty meal? Do you have any nausea or vomiting? Any back or shoulder pain? Any pain or difficulty when using the bathroom?

Write down when your symptoms started, what (if anything) makes them better or worse, the severity, and anything that happened around the time this started. Take this list to the doctor's appointment. If you don't have any lung symptoms (other than pain when taking a deep breath), it's probably a digestive issue and you probably need to see a gastroenterologist. If you do have lung symptoms, it could be a lung infection and you could have inflammation in the lining of the lungs, called pleurisy.
|
Did you find this post helpful?