Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Kidney Conditions Forum

Stomach Pain and I feel bloated with kidney pain

Must Read
The kidneys filter blood and regulate body flood. What happens during kidney failure? And what types of kidney failure do doctors diagnose?...
There are three main condition which cause renal (kidney) failure. Learn what causes kidney failure and what factors increase your risk of kidney problems....
What are the signs of acute or chronic kidney failure? Which ones are more serious than others? And when should you ask a doctor or go to the ER for help?...
I have a bad stomach paine and it hurts it is not burning it hurt and I feel bloated and my kidney pain and undrneath my ribss thats when how I get this stomach pains. My stomach swells
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 18th, 2012
Welcome to e health forum.

Abdominal pain can occur due to many conditions - including acute gastritis, gall stones, acute colitis, enteritis, musculoskeletal pain, etc.

Pain that originates due to renal issues (Stones, infection) is usually episodic, spasmodic or colicky in nature, originating in the flank and radiating to the lower belly, inner thigh. It is associated with other symptoms like nausea, vomiting and systemic features due to any infection.

The exact cause of your symptoms need to be ruled out with a ultrasound or a CT scan of the abdomen. The results of your Urine analysis, might also give a clue to the probable cause.

For proper help and advice, you may consult your doctors who can advice you accordingly.

I hope this helps.
|

replied July 8th, 2013
I have the same issues. I know my stomach pains (contraction like) are coming because I get pain where my left kidney is and my stomach (right under the middle of my ribs) swells. I have had a colonoscopy and endoscopy and nothing turned up. They looked for kidney stones and checked my urine and everything was negative. My primary care physician thought it was crones disease but that was ruled out too. The gastronologist(?) chalked it up to IBS. Only thing that helps is vicoden. My symptoms evolve...sometimes I get the swelling and pain in my stomach with burning and no back pain. Another symptom I recently developed is that I'll feel like I'm starving then the swelling and stomach pain is back. Sometimes I have an urgency to go number two and other times I don't. This is not lower abdomen pain...wish there was a definitive answer, but apparently its just IBS.
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Kidney Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.