Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Intestinal Disorders Forum

Stomach feels hungry all the time

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
I recently took a generic anti-inflammatory medication for my back. After two doses, my stomach felt as if it was burning. After some research, I came to the conclusion of heartburn and indigestion, due to this medication, and I stopped taking it immediately. After consulting a friend, I started take Mylanta to sooth my stomach. Six days later, the burning has gone away, but my stomach is still feeling "weird." It is constantly growling and I am feeling hungry, even though I just ate. I have been going to the bathroom ALOT as well. I do have a sensitive stomach, and have been diagnosed in the past with IBS. BUT, I have never felt like I was hungry all the time. Is this another symptom of IBS? Is it another gastro problem?
Thanks for the help!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 7th, 2010
If it makes you feel any better- I also feel hungry all the time. When I had my little girl- nearly 3 years ago - I used to over eat- I hated food wastage- and could honestly eat two full dinners- and still feel hungry. U have since rationed my portions- eat healthily- and probably less than most women my age (32) I also try and get regular excercise- but nothing helps- I am hungrier than ever- and even if I eat a healthy normal sized meal- I still feel hungry- yet I bloat so bad- everyone- including my family and friends think i am pregnant. People have suggested maybe ibs- and like you- am scared of going to the doctor. But i intend on booking an appointment- as am sick of other peoples opinions- if I can do it - and trust me I am a massive chicken- maybe you should too- would put your mind at rest.
|

replied October 28th, 2011
What did the Doc think was the issue? I can not stand my constant feeling of hunger. I had just about convinced myself that it was an avoidance tactic - to avoid the things that i should do that are piling up that are stressing me out.
|

replied March 12th, 2012
Stomach pains like I'm starving all day
I woke up today with the feeling like I was starving. My stomach hurt so much. I ate breakfast (oatmeal and OJ) then started my morning meditation. A little over an hour later I was starving again. Stomach pains as if I were totally empty or hadn't eaten for 12 hours. Very painful. After laundry I made a large salad and went to work in the yard. I took a bowl full of grapes while I worked in my yard to snack on. It was a really nice day today and I took full advantage of my day off. That kept my mind busy as I was actively turning the soil and pulling weeds and transplanting things... Ate all the grapes and had some water as well... After I worked a while longer the same thing... literal hunger pains, so I ate a hand full of roasted, salt free peanuts, had a glass of water, read a book and snacked on dried apricots and figs (still trying to satiate my stomach). I took a nap and woke up about 40 minutes later starving again. The pain is there again and I swear I can feel the pain subside as if the food is slowly moving through my intestines. Had more water, did some house cleaning, took a shower and went to get food. Went to a diner for a 3 egg omelet and fries with 2 cans of club soda. On the walk home I started feeling the hunger pains again as I got to my house (about a 20 minute walk). Had more water and I'm in bed now and feel like I need to eat again. What is wrong with me?! I've never felt like this before and it's very weird. I thought "Maybe I just need to eat a bigger dinner tonight so I don't feel this way tomorrow morning." but I'm hungry again... Is there anyone with any advice? I've need had any digestive issues and I'm not taking any medications or OTC drugs for anything.
|

replied November 26th, 2012
Always hungry?
You are not eating enough protein. Foods with protein are eggs, milk, cottage cheese, cheese, meat, nuts and beans.
|

replied March 30th, 2013
Constant hunger, painfull and indegestion.
I have the same problem. It has happened to me 3 times this year and usually last for 2 or 3 days. But this time I am on my 3rd day and it still has not gone away. The hunger and pain subsides in the late afternoon but comes back in the early morning hours around 4 am. I eat and drink allot of water. The water seems to help allot better than antacids. However, I still feel a hungry feeling every 2.5 hours. So i eat sandwhiches with turkey, soup, eggs, bacon, or anything I can feel my stomach with. I drink allot of water and the pain subsides until the next 2 hours when I feel hungry again. I am going to the stomach doctor on Monday. I have no idea what it could be but it is very annoying and painfull especially in the early morning hours when everyone is alseep. I have to eat around 4 am but then I have to eat again around 7 am and it goes on like this all day. I urinate frequenty I guesse because I am drinking so much water. I also poop more than usual. I have asked allot of people and pharmacist and herbalist about the problem but no one seems to know what it is.
|

replied July 28th, 2013
ever hungry and not having a regular bowel movement
I'm hungry all the time. I poop everyday or once in 2 days. It's annoying. After i'm done with dinner/lunch, i feel hungry in an hour or so. Can anyone tell me what this might be?
|

replied February 11th, 2014
This could be a sign of a stomach ulcer caused by the bacterium H pylori which needs to be treated by the doctor.
|